Grossman, Yitzchok Dovid THE DISCO RABBI

 Grossman, Yitzchok Dovid THE DISCO RABBI


Grossman, Yitzchok Dovid
THE DISCO RABBI

My family belonged to the Karlin chasidic group. However, that didn’t stop the Chabad yeshivah in Lod, Israel, from appointing my father, Rabbi Yisrael Grossman as dean, in 1956. That was how our connection with the Rebbe began. My father would report to, and receive instructions from, the Rebbe regarding the yeshivah. As a young man, I also wrote to the Rebbe, and I received a wonderful letter in reply encouraging me in my Torah studies.

Following Israel’s miraculous victory in the Six-Day War, the country experienced a dramatic spiritual awakening. I had the great merit of visiting the Western Wall on the day of its liberation, and while standing there, I thought: What can I do to express my thanks to G-d? I decided then to devote my life to bringing other Jewish people closer to their faith — something that the Rebbe frequently advocated for, especially through the tefillin campaign he launched before the war to encourage more Jews to perform this commandment.

I was also close with the Rebbe of Lelov, another chasidic dynasty, and around this time, he asked that I move from Jerusalem to Bnei Brak to head a Torah institution there. Our apartment in Bnei Brak happened to be on top of the Dubek cigarette manufacturing plant, and I noticed that the factory workers would come too early in the morning — and stay too late — to have a chance to put on tefillin. After receiving permission from the factory manager, I began coming to the plant several times a day, during their breaks, to help the workers lay tefillin. The Lubavitcher Rebbe was very happy when I informed him of all this, and he encouraged me to continue.

Then the Lelover Rebbe had another idea for me: “Maybe you should go to Migdal Ha’emek, and see what you can do for the young people there.”

Migdal Ha’emek, a northern development town that had been founded a decade earlier to house new migrants, was facing significant challenges in terms of employment, the local economy, and juvenile delinquency. I didn’t even know where it was on the map, or how the Lelover Rebbe had heard of it, but I didn’t ask questions. I got up and moved there.

It was 1968, and I was arriving straight from the religious hothouses of Mea She’arim and Bnei Brak. When I innocently inquired about the local yeshivot, people didn’t know what I was talking about.

“So where can I find the teens?” I asked.

“At the discotheque,” they said.

I had never heard the word before. Was that the name of a yeshiva? I went, and soon found out: Those disco clubs were like Purim in the middle of the year!

I found that I connected quickly with the young people in these places, and they began calling me “the Disco Rabbi.” Then, after hearing that some of the teens at the discos had relatives at the nearby Shatta prison, I began visiting there, eventually launching a successful prisoner rehabilitation program.

All the while, I made a point of reporting on my youth and prison work to the Rebbe, knowing how much he valued it. He, in turn, inquired after every detail, and always wanted to know what was going on.
Eventually, I came to the conclusion that to make a real revolution, we needed a new educational institution for children who came from rough homes and needed extra care. Even after I was appointed rabbi of Migdal Ha’emek in 1970, I held on to this dream, despite not knowing where to begin such an undertaking.

In 1972, I was invited to come to the United States for a fundraising trip, and I finally met the Rebbe in person. Before my audience, I wrote a note for the Rebbe detailing everything that happened since my arrival in Migdal Ha’emek. Among other things, I shared some doubts about my rabbinical appointment: Was it a mistake to have taken on this burden? Was I even worthy of it?

The Rebbe began by discussing my doubts about being a rabbi. He quoted a Talmudic story which says that it is predestined whether a person will take up a rabbinic or leadership role. Thus, if I had been made the rabbi of Migdal Ha’emek, clearly it was meant to be.

As a rabbi, the Rebbe went on to say, my first responsibility should be the laws of Family Purity. With that, he encouraged me to make sure the local mikva’ot (ritual baths) were Halachically sound and — no less important — beautiful. A mikvah has to be spotless, properly maintained, and staffed by younger women; that way, noted the Rebbe, the new generation of women would have someone they can comfortably communicate and identify with, to help them observe this mitzvah.

I was amazed at how this great Rebbe had such practical and straightforward solutions to complex issues. He spoke about the benefits of educating boys and girls in separate institutions — not from a religious standpoint — and about strategies for upholding kosher standards in local food establishments. He knew the spiritual state of Migdal Ha’emek as if he had been there himself.

In that audience, I also mentioned my dream of founding a new educational institution that would bring young people closer to Judaism, while keeping them away from crime and giving them a chance for a better future. The Rebbe listened with great interest when I told him about some of my successes in this field. He gave me many blessings and promised that if I did found such an institution, I would see further success.

When we eventually did lay the cornerstone of the Yeshivat Migdal Or, as we called it, I informed the Rebbe, and he immediately sent a telegram with amazing blessings. The next year, I visited him, and when I told the Rebbe that we had sixth to eighth-grade classes, he encouraged us to keep on expanding, and then added a surprising suggestion: “There are new housing units that were just built around your property — you should try to buy them.”

I was taken aback at first; we scarcely had enough funds for our own institution. But, with a bit of gall, I approached the housing authorities who oversaw those buildings and managed to purchase the entire adjacent street — which ultimately allowed us to expand our yeshivah.

The Rebbe followed the development of these institutions all along the way. In honor of the fundraising dinner we made each year, the Rebbe would send us a special letter expressing his love for the work of Migdal Or, while urging others to support it. Before the dinner, I always visited the Rebbe, and afterward, his secretary, Rabbi Leibel Groner, would call to ask how it had gone.

On one occasion, I was at one of the Rebbe’s public gatherings with Shaul Amor, the mayor of Migdal Ha’emek at the time. Migdal Or had become quite large by then, even though there had been some opposition to this growth, but the Rebbe told the mayor that one Migdal Or in the city wasn’t enough!
The mayor, who happened to be having some foot pain at the time, then asked the Rebbe to bless him with a full recovery.

“A public figure like yourself must be healthy,” responded the Rebbe. “You don’t have time to be ill! Your task is to spread Torah in the city and to help Migdal Or expand. When you are healthy, the whole town will be healthy!”

Rabbi Yitzchak Dovid Grossman, founder and president of the Migdal Or institutions, has served as rabbi of Migdal Ha’emek since 1970. He was interviewed in his home in May of 2012.

Click here for a PDF version

Source: https://tinyurl.com/2d9sp3p4 


See video https://link.jem.tv/9GtRwh 


The people of Israel did not believe in Moses because of the miracles he performed. So why did they believe in him? Because when we stood at Sinai, our own eyes saw and our own ears heard the fire, the sounds and the flames, and how Moses approached the cloud and G-d's voice called to him...

  –Maimonides

Join now to make new friends, create groups, add photos, and much more.

The House of Ephraim
All the Lost Sheep from the House of Yisrael
Coming to unity with the House of Judah by fulfilling:

The Covenant of Peace

Jeremiah 31: 30-33



30Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant. להִנֵּ֛ה יָמִ֥ים בָּאִ֖ים נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֑ה וְכָֽרַתִּ֗י אֶת־בֵּ֧ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל וְאֶת־בֵּ֥ית יְהוּדָ֖ה בְּרִ֥ית חֲדָשָֽׁה:
31Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord. לאלֹ֣א כַבְּרִ֗ית אֲשֶׁ֚ר כָּרַ֙תִּי֙ אֶת־אֲבוֹתָ֔ם בְּיוֹם֙ הֶֽחֱזִיקִ֣י בְיָדָ֔ם לְהֽוֹצִיאָ֖ם מֵאֶ֖רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם אֲשֶׁר־הֵ֜מָּה הֵפֵ֣רוּ אֶת־בְּרִיתִ֗י וְאָֽנֹכִ֛י בָּעַ֥לְתִּי בָ֖ם נְאֻם־יְהֹוָֽה:
32For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people. לבכִּ֣י זֹ֣את הַבְּרִ֡ית אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶכְרֹת֩ אֶת־בֵּ֨ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֜ל אַֽחֲרֵ֨י הַיָּמִ֚ים הָהֵם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה נָתַ֚תִּי אֶת־תּֽוֹרָתִי֙ בְּקִרְבָּ֔ם וְעַל־לִבָּ֖ם אֶכְתֳּבֶ֑נָּה וְהָיִ֚יתִי לָהֶם֙ לֵֽאלֹהִ֔ים וְהֵ֖מָּה יִֽהְיוּ־לִ֥י לְעָֽם:
33And no longer shall one teach his neighbor or [shall] one [teach] his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord, for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will no longer remember. לגוְלֹ֧א יְלַמְּד֣וּ ע֗וֹד אִ֣ישׁ אֶת־רֵעֵ֜הוּ וְאִ֚ישׁ אֶת־אָחִיו֙ לֵאמֹ֔ר דְּע֖וּ אֶת־יְהֹוָ֑ה כִּֽי־כוּלָּם֩ יֵֽדְע֨וּ אוֹתִ֜י לְמִקְּטַנָּ֚ם וְעַד־גְּדוֹלָם֙ נְאֻם־יְהֹוָ֔ה כִּ֚י אֶסְלַח֙ לַֽעֲו‍ֹנָ֔ם וּלְחַטָּאתָ֖ם לֹ֥א אֶזְכָּר־עֽוֹד:





לְכ֣וּ | וְנַֽעֲלֶ֣ה אֶל־הַר־יְהֹוָ֗ה אֶל־בֵּית֙ אֱלֹהֵ֣י יַֽעֲקֹ֔ב וְיֹרֵ֙נוּ֙ מִדְּרָכָ֔יו וְנֵֽלְכָ֖ה בְּאֹֽרְחֹתָ֑יו כִּ֚י מִצִּיּוֹן֙ תֵּצֵ֣א תוֹרָ֔ה וּדְבַר־יְהֹוָ֖ה מִירֽוּשָׁלִָֽם

"Come, let us go up to the Lord's mount, to the house of the God of Jacob, and let Him teach us of His ways, and we will go in His paths," for out of Zion shall the Torah come forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. 


Submission to the Head Council of Ephraim

When we speak about the “Head Council of the House of Ephraim,” we are referring to a council whose deepest desire is to come fully under the authority and guidance of a recognized Orthodox Jewish Beit Din or Sanhedrin. In all matters—especially those concerning Halachic decisions related to the Jewish people, Am Yisrael—the Head Council seeks to act with humility, submission, and respect toward the established Torah authority of Israel.

Beit Yisrael International is 'born' on the Har HaBayit and desire to grow up further in unity with the Jewish People.........

Beit Yisrael International special for all The Lost Sheep from the House of Israel, Lost Jews or Lost Triber, Hashem Loves you it is He He want to resurrect you close by His House......

Join now to make new friends, create groups, add photos, and much more.





PS. Everyone can join! Special I ask, Jewish Torah Teachers with an 'Shlita' from the head Rabbinate in Jerusalem to join? For teaching Torah to Ephraim. Like they do on Facebook. Infect all Jews who love to welcome all of Ephraim into the State Of Yisrael for nothing more than the unification of Yehudah and Ephraim under the 'Scepter of Yehudah'.  


Blessings 

Bet Yisrael International From Gaddi and Ariel, Many Blessings to all the ShneymAsarHaShevatim (Twelve Tribes) in the Golus, Shalom!




I do this work on a volunteer basis, out of Love for the Lost Sheep from the House of Yisrael. I was born as a Lost Sheep from the House of Yisrael...... But HaShem brought me home (more than 30 years back) as one who is born of Zion......

Tehillim (Psalms) - Chapter 87

6[When] the Lord counts in the script of the peoples forever, [He will say,] "This one was born there."

Rashi:

The Lord counts in the script of the peoples, “This one, etc.”. This is a transposed verse, and סלה, forever, which is said at the end, refers to the beginning: When the Lord counts in the script of the peoples forever. That means that in the future, when the Holy One, blessed be He, inscribes the nations for an abhorrence, He will count the Israelites who are assimilated among them and those who were coerced [to abandon Judaism] among them and extract them from their midst, and [He shall] say, “This one was born of those of Zion,” and He will choose them for Himself. This is what Isaiah says (66:21): “And from them, too, will I take for priests and for Levites.” From the nations bringing them for tribute, I shall take those assimilated among them. And there will be among them priests and Levites who are unrecognizable, but they are revealed to Me, says the Lord. Now where did He say it? (Deut. 29:28) “The secret things belong to the Lord, our God.”

Together, I and Gaddi from India, we trying gathering in ALL of Lost Tribes of Israel who have the intense desire to come home, united with Judah, under rabbinical supervision.......

Donations, support for our work are very welcome, to hold on the website and the funds that I like to create, arranges for Beit Yisrael International:

1. The Kohanim of every group (we are starting in India) are learning Parsha Hashevuah, Shulchan Aruch and Mishnah Torah (Rambam) on a weekly base via Video Calls by me. What they (the Kohanim) need to teach to everyone in their communities. As it was originally under Am Yisrael.

2. Starting to learn Hebrew. Following free 'online' courses. They are in need for a good Ulpan.

3. The first group had teaching the of the Shulchan Aruch for more than one year from an Israeli Jewish Orthodox Rabbi. Who gives now on a weekly basis Torah Studies (in general) to the leaders of the different associated groups with Beit Yisrael International through video calls.

4. Soon we start to ask more Rabbis that they can give Torah Studies to the leaders of the different associated groups with Beit Yisrael International through video calls.

5. In India, in general the people are very poor...... The first things what they need are:

Tallitot, Tefillin and Prayer Books..... For their way back home, Eretz Yisrael, to start to live their Jewish Lives complete in unity with the Jewish people.

Click:




If you are interested in helping Beit Yisrael International, it is a non-profit organization, with one of the above, please contact me.

Contact me, Ariel your Representee, Representee of Ephraim and adviser (not a rabbi but friendly adviser) of Bet Yisrael international on the Har HaBayit: WhatsApp +972 54-568-3031, For all your questions about Beit Yisrael International. We can talk about it, come let's make an appointment.

A Ba’al Teshuva in the House of Ephraim, Membership Requirements

 

 A Ba’al Teshuva in the House of Ephraim,


Membership Requirements



Beit Yisrael International ‘how to become a member’ by: Ariel your Representee, Representee of Ephraim (Jewish Orthodox), Chavruta (Brother in Torah) with Ephraim and adviser (not a rabbi but friendly adviser) for Bet Yisrael international on the Har HaBayit,

And: Gaddi Ephraim President (Righteous of the Nations (Ultra-Orthodox Chassidic/Lost Tribe: Gad.) Beit Yisrael International


Beit Yisrael International,

Get the MemberShip from Beit Yisrael! 'How to become a Righteous of the Nations (Ultra-Orthodox Chassidic/Lost Tribes of Efrayim: Israelite by accepting the Shulchan Aruch and Chasidut, the teachings of CHaBaD, hearing and doing.)

A Ba’al Teshuva in the House of Ephraim,


Membership Requirements

Join a Jewish Torah Community

The applicant must become actively involved in a Jewish Orthodox community, or a community progressing toward Orthodox Jewish observance, within their local area.

The primary purpose is:

  • To find a Havruta (Torah study partner)
  • To study Torah consistently
  • To grow spiritually through Teshuva and observance

Torah Study and Community Participation

The applicant is expected to:

  • Attend and participate in the local Jewish Orthodox community regularly
  • Be a devoted member of the community for a minimum of one year
  • Participate in community Shabbat gatherings, festivals, and torah events
  • Study Torah according to Jewish Halacha
  • Learn to read Torah and Hebrew
  • Study with a Jewish Orthodox Havruta for at least:
    • Two hours per week
    • For a minimum period of one year
  • Follow and learn from Gaddi’s Torah Studies available in multiple languages

Declaration and Spiritual Acknowledgment

At the point of formal application, the prospective member signs a declaration acknowledging:

  • The historical separation of the Kingdom of Israel under Yeravam
  • Recognition of the spiritual errors associated with idolatry and separation from Jerusalem and the House of David
  • A desire for repentance and reconciliation with the Jewish people
  • Commitment to observe the mitzvot and Torah commandments
  • A sincere wish to come under the “Scepter of Yehudah”
  • Hope to eventually stand before the Jewish Rabbinate in Jerusalem in unity and confession (asking for forgiveness for the sins of our forefathers, ourselves, before HaShem and the Jewish people) before the Jewish people

Testimonies and Recommendations

After completing the required study and community participation period, the applicant must submit:

Required Testimonies

  1. A testimony from the Jewish Orthodox Havruta describing:
    • The applicant’s conduct
    • Torah commitment
    • lifestyle and spiritual growth
  2. Two additional testimonies from respected members of the local community

These testimonies should confirm that the applicant is living as a righteous and Torah-observant individual committed to:

  • Shulchan Aruch
  • Chassidut
  • Teachings of Chabad-Lubavitch
  • Study of the Tanya
  • Torah observance through hearing and doing

Submission to the Head Counsel of Ephraim

The following documents must be submitted to the:

Head Counsel of Ephraim

Required submissions include:

  • Personal application request
  • Three testimonies
  • Request for acceptance into the international House of Ephraim community

 Submission to the Head Council of Ephraim

When we speak about the “Head Council of the House of Ephraim,” we are referring to a council whose deepest desire is to come fully under the authority and guidance of a recognized Orthodox Jewish Beit Din or Sanhedrin. In all matters—especially those concerning Halachic decisions related to the Jewish people, Am Yisrael—the Head Council seeks to act with humility, submission, and respect toward the established Torah authority of Israel.

Interview and Acceptance Process

If the application is approved:

  • The applicant will appear before the Head Counsel of Ephraim through a video interview
  • Upon acceptance, the applicant must:
    • Sign the Ephraim Membership Contract
    • Undergo a Mikvah immersion immediately afterward

Community Applications

Non-Jewish communities seeking to transition toward Jewish Orthodox observance and become affiliated with the House of Ephraim through Beit Yisrael International are instructed to establish communication with Gaddi or Ariel for guidance and further process.

Special Note for Individuals of Jewish Descent

Individuals identified as “Lost Jews” may be required to sign a separate contract. Membership under this category is only considered when it is not possible for the individual to be formally accepted as Jewish through a recognized Jewish Bet Din.

Core Principles of Membership


With the above in mind, I Love to bless you with the following:






Beit Yisrael International.
Become a member,

Get the MemberShip from Beit Yisrael! ‘How to become a Righteous of the Nations, Jewish Orthodox Chassidic Ephraimite.


click: Beit yisrael international 



For further information you can make an appointment:




Ariel van Kessel⁩ Representative Beit Yisrael International  WhatsApp: +972 54-568-3031

Ariel Representative of Ephraim

Comments